The description of Insight Guides Walking Eye
Insight Guides’ brand-new Walking Eye app connects printed travel guides (published 2016) with digital destination content and eBooks.
The container app provides standard free content in a chosen destination and includes:
• Events – free access to information on local events (e.g. festivals, concerts and exhibitions) worldwide
• Activities – free access to a range of local guided tours and sightseeing activities, with the option to book
• Inspire me – our travel blog, updated on a daily basis, which helps you to plan your trip, explore local culture and have truly special experiences
• Ebooks – browse a list of our eBooks, which are available free to customers who have bought a printed book to the dedicated destination, or for purchase individually
• Destinations – browse a list of all available destination premium content for the app, available for free to customers who have bought a printed book to the dedicated destination, or for purchase individually
This provides curated premium destination content and full access to all of the app’s information and functions, which is also completely available offline:
• Frequently updated hotel, restaurant and shop listings, carefully chosen and recommended by local experts
• Highlights and places of interest divided by category or region
• A to Z of practical information - a complete directory of handy travel tips on everything from visa regulations to local etiquette
• Around me option to find places of interest nearby
• You can plan a trip, creating a list of your chosen places to visit by adding them to Favourites, or add your own places
• Share your experience with friends using email, Twitter or Facebook
• Access to update for the latest listings following verification of your ownership, or purchase of the destination content
To use this app on your Android device, you will need to install a third party eBook reader, this cannot be the Kindle reader or the built in eBook reader that came with your device.
You will also need to give permission to the app, to use your devices camera, so that the app can scan the qr code from your printed book.