The conference has grown to attract local & international speakers, musicians, brands, partners and sponsors. The event has played host to the SAMRO, Durban Film Office, SEDA, ProSound, AIRCO, uKhozi FM, Sheer Publishing, KUMISA, Spoor & Fisher, Department of Arts & Culture (Provincial & National) and numerous other well-known organizations over the years.
The KZN Music Imbizo’s vision is simple – contribute to the creation of a highly organized, sustainable and successful music industry within the province, where practitioners are knowledgeable and have a world-view of the ins and outs of the music business.
This includes catering to the full value chain of the industry through our program during the Imbizo – Panel Discussions, Music Film Screening, Exhibition, Music Producers Forum, One-on-One Meetings (Speed Meetings), Music Equipment Demonstration and Music Showcases/Performances.
Our vision is that of a highly organized, sustainable and successful music industry within the province, where practitioners are knowledgeable and have a world-view of the ins and outs of the music business.
Create and sustain an independent platform that encourages open dialogue, networking, exhibiting and showcasing of provincial talent.
- Network all stakeholders in the industry and guide new people into the music industry
- Showcase the high quality of skills and services on offer provincially, from music production to event planning.
- Showcase the KwaZulu-Natal live music through the KZN Music Imbizo Festival.
- Build a common understanding on issues that affect the provincial music industry
- Establish a platform for the industry to interact with government and the media
- Establish a platform for big corporates to do business with the music industry
- Expose the provincial stakeholders to national and international opportunities
- Partner and help fulfill some of the objectives of the Department of Arts & Culture, Small Enterprise Development Agency (SEDA), National Youth development Agency (NYDA), Department of Trade & Industry (DTI) and other initiatives that exist to uplift small business.
- To provide business-to-business networking and mentorship.
- Panel Discussions
- Sound Equipment Demonstrations
- Music Producer’s Forum
- Music Showcases
- Music Film Screenings
- One-on-One Meetings (Speed Meetings)