This app lets you see and reply to your SMS threads from your internet browser.
The technologies used are:
- Simple communication library (for HTTP/S)
- CSS (partial bootstrap css, plus own work)
- Minified.js (only for the conversation page)
- Other JS code (own work, to send messages or update the conversation without refreshing the page)
- emoji-java library
- apache commons-lang library
Receiving and sending is done via GET and POST requests.
This app has been built with efficiency in mind. All pages but the conversation one are under 2kb, while conversation is under 20kb (including css and scripts). The update polling requires 1kb every 10 seconds.
You will probably not find any sms to http app faster than this.
This app is perfectly compatible with my messaging bridge, so if you own it, you can use it to respond to whatsapp and kik too.
This app requires both your server and your client to be on the same network.