How to Sign in Your WeChat Account
Check out this simple guide on how to log in and sign up WeChat!
WeChat (Chinese name: 微信), a text messaging and social media app, has more than one billion monthly active users across the world nowadays. WeChat, also known as China's "app for everything", provides a wide range of functions for international audiences, including text messaging, video calling and meeting, location sharing and much more. Wechat only spent one year achieving its expansion into international markets. And now it is available globally supporting dozens of language worldwide.
If you do not know how to sign up or log in WeChat, read this article below, then you will easily master this app even if you know nothing about Chinese.
WeChat - China's "app for everything." Chats, calls, payments + more.
Log in WeChat by A Phone Number
WeChat has its English version, unfortunately, it does not work quite well sometimes. Though users are allowed to set its default language as English, sometimes they may get stuck in Chinese characters appearing on the screen. If you are dealing with the same problem, just go through the simple guide below, then you will know how to sign in your Wechat account in a simple and easy way.
- Install WeChat on your Android phone and launch it.
- Press Log in button at the bottom left corner.
- Select your country, input your phone number, then tap Accept and Continue near the bottom.
- Tap Send, then there will be a menu pop up, choose OK, soon you will receive a verification code on your phone.
- Drag the slider to fit the jigsaw, then back to the login page and sign in your WeChat account.
Create a WeChat Account
If you do not have a WeChat account, follow these simple steps, then you will have one.
- Tap Sign up at the bottom right corner.
- Press the camera icon to choose an image as your profile picture. Fill your name, country, phone number and password to create a new account, then tap Accept and Continue.
Verify Identification before Logging in
If it's your very first time logging in to WeChat on another phone device, a verification code is required before you sign in your WeChat account. Three ways are allowed to verify your identification, including Scanning a QR code, Asking a friend on Wechat for help or inputting a verification code sent to your registered phone number.
The Other Ways to Log in
You'd better link WeChat with QQ or your Email in advance, just in case someday your phone may be powered off suddenly or unable to receive an SMS code or you just forget your password.
Turn to Me tab, go to Settings > Account Security > More Settings to link your QQ ID or Email account to Wechat. After that, you can log in your Wechat account via QQ or Email when you have a problem with logging in via phone number.