Application which makes highway travel secure and hassle-free for commuters.
Highway Saathi is an android application which essentially renders the highway travel safe, convenient and hassle-free for commuters. Amongst various features, it offers users the facility to recharge their toll tags online without manual intervention.
Essential features and functionalities :-
1. Toll Tag recharging services -
Through the Toll Service tab, user can pay toll fare of various toll plazas. Two types of possible recharges are there :
* Monthly Pass - This option enables users to pay for one month's trips. The payment process is similar to that for a single trip described above.
* FasTag - User can Recharge their ICICI Bank FasTag for all the plazas on National Highways of India.
2. Accident reporting -
User can log an accident online (with images) through this application which would directly inform the nearest hospital, ambulance service and police station. The function enables clicking and sharing the images of the affected area with the aforementioned services. User can also provide his/her personal info if so desired.
3. Public Feedback on Road Conditions -
Users can give feedback on highway conditions by sharing images of any faults in the design/geometry (eg damaged roads, presence of potholes etc) of the ensuing highways/roads. Personal info can be added (optional), along with the description of the fault, and suggestions for improvements. This report will directly go to the nearest PIU and thereon, post verification, would be forwarded over to the NHAI.
4. Traffic jams -
User can give a traffic jam report, along with images, that will immediately get logged/updated at the local Traffic Police control room. The nature of the traffic jam can also be classified based on the degree of congestion. The informer can also provide his/her personal details (optional).
5. Travel guide -
By using this tab users can stay updated about the nearest hospitals, restaurants, police stations, toll plazas etc. from their location on the highway. User can select multiple roadside options simultaneously. All events updated through crowd-sourcing (eg accident hotspots, road closures, congestion hotspots) will also be shown, along with regular voice updates.
Currently Highway Saathi offers payment functionality through multiple mobile payment gateways - Reliance JioMoney, AirtelMoney , MobiKwik ,Oxigen, Icash ,PayZapp, Vpayqwik, M-pesa, Paytm, Amazon Pay, BillDesk. Additional commercial payment options to come up soon...
What's New in the Latest Version 3.6.15
Last updated on Mar 8, 2020
* Release v3.6.15
* Bug fixes and performance upgrades.
* Amazon Pay Wallet Payment for FasTag and PassTag Recharge.
* Bill Desk Payment Gateway for FasTag and PassTag Recharge. You can directly pay through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking/Wallets/UPI.
* Vehicle Over Speeding Notification.