HeyYeh uses internet standards like IMAP and SMTP. So you can send every person messages, whose e-mail address you know. It does not matter if they are
also using HeyYeh.
You choose which IMAP and SMTP server you want to use. You can also set-up your own IMAP and SMTP server and use them.
This app is using the existing infrastructure of e-mail servers. I as a app developer are not providing any servers for the message delivery.
HeyYeh uses your address book to determine the contacts for which e-mail addresses are known.
Besides sending text messages, you can also send pictures, videos, voice messages, your location or simply any file on your phone or tablet.
When first starting HeyYeh a pair of cryptographic keys is generated. These keys are used to provide you the ability for an end to end encryption.
In order to send encrypted messages, your partner must also use HeyYeh. If you activate encryption, a normal e-mail client can no longer be used to read your messages.
Notice: When you start HeyYeh the first time you must enter the data for your IMAP e-mail account.
Next you see a list of function of HeyYeh:
- Channels Overview sorted according the last message received
- Contacts List
- Channel display
- Sending and receiving images, videos, sounds, location or just and file you like
- End-to-end encryption if your partner also uses HeyYeh
- Communication with anyone who has an e-mail address (no end-to-end encryption)
- All messages are synchronized on all devices connected to the same e-mail account
- Support of channel groups
- Import export of messages and settings
- Configuration of background images
- Configuration of colours