- Intuitive navigation.
- View headlines, stories, related photos.
- Read and listen to stories.
- Weather provided by Weather Bug.
- Download and sync content to device via Wi-Fi or cellular network so you can read offline.
- Stories Tab displays the top news stories by section so you can read the full text or listen to it being read by a virtual newscaster.
- Email a story.
- Flip through, read and look at pictures within the actual newspaper pages of the printed publication.
- Publications Tab lets you read the previous edition of your downloaded publication or download the most recent edition.
- Search Tab lets you search for keywords within a headline or text of the stories.
The Herald-Star provides the latest local and national news and sports to residents in Steubenville, Wintersville, Toronto, Empire, Pottery Addition, Pleasant Hill, Bloomingdale, Broadacre, Belvedere, Cadiz, Jewett, Hopedale, Mount Pleasant, Adena, Rayland, Tiltonsville, Yorkville, Wells Township, Brilliant, Piney Fork, Rush Run, Mingo Junction, Stratton, Hammondsville, Richmond, Smithfield, Unionport and Bergholz. School districts in the Herald-Star coverage area include Steubenville City School District, Indian Creek Local School District, Toronto City School District; Edison Local School District, Harrison Hills City School District, Buckeye Local School District, Catholic Diocese of Steubenville, Hancock County School District and the Brooke County School District. The Herald Star proudly serves Jefferson and Harrison counties in Ohio; Hancock and Brooke counties in West Virginia, and Washington and Allegheny counties in Pennsylvania.