The following Android versions are supported: 4.1 upto 6.0 (i.e Jelly Bean, KitKat, Lollipop, Marshmallow).
This app supports following statistical calculations:
1) Mean / Median / Mode / Average Deviation / Standard Deviation / Coefficient of skewness
2) Coefficient of correlation, and equation of least-squares regression line
The input data for these calculations, can be provided by following ways:
1) By using an Android device keyboard.
2) By selecting a text file from Android device's local file system, using an integrated file browser. This can be useful to input relatively large amounts of data to the app. These text files can be kept permanently on user's Android devices, if the user would like to reuse them later (in their original form or after editing).
The other features of this app are:
1) Various application settings are provided, as follows:
(i) To optionally store calculations permanently on an Android device, via a well designed local app database. The users can also delete the previously stored calculations from their device, with a feature provided on the app's UI.
(ii) The users can store their email address within the app, to email an archive of calculations as a text file attachment whenever required. The stored email address can also be edited or deleted any time.
(iii) Specific configuration related to standard deviation calculation.
(iv) Configuration of decimal precision of result values.
(v) An option to view the least-squares regression line, when doing a statistical correlation calculation.
(vi) An option to dynamically resize input text controls, when the user wants to conveniently input small or large numbers, or to input a longer list of numbers.
2) A UI is provided to work with the previously stored results, when permanent storage of calculations is enabled. It provides following options:
(i) The user can view details of an individual calculation done earlier, by clicking its representation in a list of calculations.
(ii) All the previous calculations stored in the app, can be emailed to an email address as a text file attachment.
(iii) All the previous calculations stored in the app, can be optionally deleted by the user via an on-screen feature.
3) The app also has an in-built help feature, describing each and every aspect of this statistical calculator.
Known issues & workarounds:
The following points lists the technical issues known with this app. The developer might fix these in future versions of this app, preferably based on user feedback.
1) After using this app, this app goes to background and another app is being used. After this state of Android device is there for long time, sometimes the app settings given by the user loose there values and the default values of settings become active (although you may see, things like check boxes selected but they work in an inverted way). If this is observed, you may again set the app settings to desired values and you'll see the new settings working again.
2) Sometimes, the 'correlation and regression' button on the app's home page doesn't respond to user clicks. If this is observed, please navigate to any other area of the app and come back to this screen again, and this shall work again (this is a very simple workaround). This button is similar to the other ones at technical level, and this seems to be the problem with Android run-time for now.