The description of Health Alert
This application makes it possible for doctors, paramedics, as well as member of general public to generate alerts about cases of these diseases in the community.
This application is free, and anyone can use it on their phone. This app is unique because in addition to healthcare providers, it allows the members of general public (families, friends, neighbors etc.) to generate information about occurrence of a case of notifiable disease in the community.
How does Health Alert work?
- Health Alerts contains a list of notifiable diseases.
- After installing the app, you can start using it without having to pay any fee or giving your identity/contact details.
- If anyone (doctor, paramedic, family member, friend, neighbor, community member) has knowledge about a case of any disease enlisted in the app; they can generate information about this case.
- There are three tabs in the app:
1. Report a case
2. My log
Report a case:
- Open this tab, and scroll up and down to see the complete list, OR write down name of any disease in the Search box.
- Enter the number of patient/s against the name of relevant suspected case.
- Click the Read button to see brief guidelines (signs, symptoms, diagnosis, management and prevention) about the disease.
- Sending information starts by clicking on Send button. On clicking this button, a pop-up will appear for confirmation. Click on Submit on this pop-up to send the information.
- It is advisable to report suspected case information on the same day, when a user comes to know about it.
- The user can see the list of his/her reported suspected cases.
- The log shows the number of patients of each suspected case, along with the date on which the information was reported.
- The user can set an alarm of the time for sending information.
- Update button can be used for setting the time for reminder.
By clicking INSTALL, you consent to the installation of the Health Alert application and any updates or upgrades thereto.