NO INTERNET REQUIRED. YOU CAN READ OFFLINE.
LINE BY LINE ENGLISH TRANSLATION OF SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB.
1. Night theme in green color for lesser strain on eyes.
2. Font size can be increased or decreased.
3. Bookmark can be placed on any line. The next time you start the app, it opens at that particular line.
4. Long click on the screen to quickly bookmark your location.
5. Immersive full screen. The app runs in full screen mode so that you have a larger viewing area, even on small screen mobile phones.
6. Requires no permissions that invade your privacy.
The excitement that arises out of meeting Guru Granth is an experience called NAAM - also called WAH-E-GURU. This spark, surprisingly, leads you into a social path, where you begin offering social service to the needy people of the world. Beautiful days set in. The ecstasy is kept alive by loud singing of God all through those beautiful days. Guru Granth provides the lyrics[Shabad in Punjabi]. This combination of SEWA(service) and SHABAD(singing), eventually carries one to the last stage where one says - O My God! I never saw You in humanity and Nature. You were right in front of me! Guru Granth is all about that. The first eight pages[Japuji] are his philosophy in nutshell. The rest of the Granth is meant to be sung in classical Indian Raags. The Shabads are words of praise on the Universal God.
Guru Granth is not attached to a particular religion, nor is it a religion. It is a neutral music that anybody can sing towards the Beloved Common God - call him Allah, Ram, Jesus, Rabb, anything. Guru Granth is n't concerned about the name of the God, or the religions of the world.
Guru Granth is a joint writing by intelligent people of India, who came from a cocktail of various religions and castes of that time. The Hon'ble Bhats were Brahmins, Hon'ble Kabir was both a Muslim and Hindu, Hon'ble Baba Farid was a Muslim who talks about his offering of Namaaz at numerous places in the Granth, Hon'ble Ravidass was a Chamar, the Gurus were themselves Khatris, the list of authors is endless. The common thing among all these authors was that they wanted men to become good and make the world more better. The language is not wholly Punjabi. It is mostly Bhojpuri, and Indian dialects. The script is called Gurmukhi,
People of all religions from Hindusim to Christianity to Islam love to read Guru Granth. Many of them attain the Supreme Understanding through this. You don't have to be a Sikh to feel Guru Granth, who is primarily concerned about reforming you as a human being and making the world a better place. The followers of Sikh Religion make a personal commitment to follow the path of Guru Granth through Baptizing. It helps, because, you know, a commitment like this has greater chances of preventing one from going astray.
The esteemed user of this Android app is henceforth referred to as "end user".
1. We donot collect any personal information about the end user.
2. Third parties are not provided any information about the end user.
3. No promotional emails or SMSes are sent to the end user.