The description of GST App Portal - Goods & Services Tax-Login India
You first need to create your username and password using this provisional ID and password at the GST Common Portal - www.gst.gov.in.
Do not share the provisional ID and password with anyone.
To enrol with the GST Portal, you need to perform the following steps:
1. Access the www.gst.gov.in URL. The GST Home page is displayed.
2. Click the LOGIN button.
3. The Login page is displayed. Click the here link in the instruction at the bottom of the page that says “First time login: If you are logging in for the first time, click here to login”.
4. The Login page is displayed. In the Provisional ID field, type the username that you received in the e-mail, SMS or any other communication received from the State VAT and CBEC.
5. In the Password field, type the password that you received in the e-mail, SMS or any other communication received from the State VAT and CBEC.
6. In the Type the characters you see in the image below field, type the captcha text as shown in the screen.
7. Click the LOGIN button.
In case you have not received or lost your Provisional ID and Password, contact your State VAT Department.
In case you have already created your username, click the here link to login.
8. The Provisional ID Verification page is displayed. In the E-mail Address field, enter your e-mail address.
9. In the Mobile Number field, enter your valid Indian mobile number.
There are two One time Password (OTPs) which will be sent on your e-mail address and mobile number you just mentioned. Both OTPs are required for the verification.
Enter your own e-mail address and mobile number if you are the Primary Authorised Signatory. All future correspondences from the GST Common Portal will be sent on this registered e-mail address and mobile number only.
E-mail address and mobile number cannot be changed till 01/04/2017.
Any change in the registered e-mail address and mobile number can be done through the amendment process after 01/04/2017 as specified in the GST Act.
10. Click the CONTINUE button.
You must have received two different OTPs. Do not share these OTPs with anyone. Check your e-mail address and note your e-mail OTP. Also check text message sent on your mobile phone and note your mobile OTP. In case you have not received the e-mail OTP in your Inbox, you can check your spam folder for same.
11. The OTP Verification page is displayed. In the Email OTP field, enter the OTP you received in your e-mail address.
12. In the Mobile OTP field, enter the OTP you received on your mobile phone.
In case you have not received the OTP, click the RESEND OTP button to resend the OTP to your e-mail address and mobile number. Both new OTPs have to be used for the verification. The validity period of OTP is 10 minutes.
13. Click the CONTINUE button.
14. The New Credentials page is displayed. In the New Username field, enter a username for yourself.
15. In the New Password field, enter a password of your choice that you will be using from next time onwards.
Username should be of 8 to 15 characters, which should comprise of alphabets, numbers and can contain special character (dot (.), underscore (_) or hyphen (-)).
Password should be of 8 to 15 characters, which should comprise at least one alphabet, one number, one upper case letter, one lower case letter and one special character.
Avoid saving password in system/ browser especially in public or shared systems to avoid misuse of your account information.
16. In the Re-confirm Password field, reenter the password.
17. Click the CONTINUE button.
18. The Security Questions page is displayed. For each security question, enter the answers.
There are five questions on this page. It is mandatory to enter answers to all the security questions. Be careful when answering the security questions. In case you forget your password, you will be required to answer these security questions to retrieve your password.
19. Click the SUBMIT button.