Its main features are multiaccount support for XMPP servers, free calls with a VoIP account, file transfer, multiple chats, and unlimited messages free of charge. But it also includes other relevant features like:
- A configurable SIP VoIP account.
- A fast and modern interface
- Messages and free calls that use the data plan and/or WiFi.
- Contacts and groups
- Multi user chat (MUC).
- File sharing using XMPP/Jingle.
- Security using OTR encription and TLS support.
- Stream Compression to save bandwith.
- Chat history.
- Message archiving in server.
- Contact list management: add/remove/edit contacts, groups, subscriptions.
- Search contacts and chats.
- Integration with phone's contact list.
- Notification setting.
- Last seen presence.
- Typing notification.
- Message delivery receipts.
- Compatible with all standard XMPP servers including DuckDuckGo, Jabber, LiveJournal, Odnoklassniki, QIP, VKontakte, Yandex.
This app is free but we have included ads inside the app in order to maintain our VoIP and XMPP servers that support the free calls. We are sorry about it, but it has been the most transparent way to provide this VoIP and XMPP services for the end users.
This app is open source, and it is based on Conversations and Linphone.