Use APKPure App
Get GitJournal old version APK for Android
Store Your Markdown Files in any Git Repo.
Git Journal is a note taking / journaling app built with privacy and data portability in mind. It stores all its notes in a standardised Markdown + YAML header format or plaintext. The notes are stored in a hosted Git Repo of your choice - GitHub / GitLab / Gitea / Gogs / Any Custom-provider.
- Offline First - All yours notes are available offline
- No Account Required
- Categorize your Notes with Folders
- Open source / Free Software / FOSS
- Can easily be extended and integrated with other Git tools
- Can also be used to manage Hugo / Jekyll / Gatsby websites
- No Ads
- Built with Flutter
Never need to import / export your notes, as you always have control of the data. Apps may come and go, but your notes will always be with you.
The app comes with a clean, easy to use interface designed to focus on just writing your journal entries without any distractions.
We have chosen Git as a backend as self-hosting a Git server is much simpler than almost any other software, additionally there are already many commercial providers of Git. So you can choose who you want to trust with your notes. We currently don't support encrypting the notes, but it's something we're actively working on.
Last updated on Jan 21, 2023
* Removed subscriptions for now