Discover each pest’s biology, symptoms, and full management recommendations. Also, learn to identify 18 of the most common beneficial insects that target western US fruit pests.
When you spot an insect or disease of fruit in your backyard tree or commercial orchard, open up Fruit PestFinder to help identify the cause. Learn whether you need to worry about how it will affect your crop, when is the best time to treat, and what pest management options are available.
Some useful features of Fruit PestFinder:
• 70 tree fruit insects and diseases (apple, pear, cherry, peach, nectarine, plum), with planned additions of small fruit pests, including grapes and berries
• Detailed management recommendations including specific products and pesticide names, updated each year
• Search engine with 4 attributes for quick identification of your plant pest: western US state, plant host, part of the plant affected, and type of problem
• Hundreds of beautiful images
• Mark any pest (insect or disease) or beneficial insect as a favorite for easy access
• Add notes to any fruit pest, such as biofix date, treatment, general observation, etc.
• UPDATES: Update the content from within your app at any time to get the latest information and new insect, disease, and beneficial insect entries
Fruit PestFinder is ad-free and produced by Utah State University for temperate fruit crops (apple, pear, cherry, peach, nectarine, and plum) of the western U.S.
More pests will be added regularly on other crops (like raspberry, grape, strawberry) and pesticides are updated yearly. Users can update the app at anytime through the settings feature.