Founded in 1958 by Louis D. Fromm with four employees, Fromm's first headquarters was a converted row home in downtown Reading, PA with a garage serving as a warehouse. In 1961, the company moved into a four-story building to accommodate its rapid growth. In 1974, a 40,000 sq. ft. facility was constructed at 2101 Centre Ave. in Reading, PA; Fromm's present-day headquarters.
Over more than four decades since its founding, Fromm has become one of the leading electrical supply companies in the Mid-Atlantic Market, with strong continued growth potential. Now in its third generation of family ownership, the company maintains its commitment to employ the industry’s most exceptional work force.
With its opening in Bloomsburg, Fromm Electric Supply will operate nine branches in Pennsylvania (other locations include Allentown, Honesdale, Lebanon, Pottstown, Reading, Schuylkill Haven, Scranton, and Souderton). In addition, Fromm has three lighting & appliance design centers in Allentown, Harrisburg and Reading, PA. Employing over 150, Fromm Electric Supply is one of the leading electrical distributors in the Mid-Atlantic Market.