Usage of this program is very simple:
1. Choose your own user name.
2. Add user names of people with whom you wish to communicate into the application's contacts list by using "+" button. On-line contacts available for calling are marked by the green mark to the left of the user name.
3. For creating of the closed group you need to set the group password which should be the same for all members of the group. In this case only people with the same password will be able to communicate.
You don't need to create any accounts and use any Internet servers to perform calls. Thus your calls are not dependent on any SIP, IAX or other proprietary VoIP service and, more important, your calls are not controlled by such servers.
Main benefits of using DS Talk:
- Make calls using the device’s data (Wi-Fi or mobile data) connection, not your plan's voice minutes.
- Very low traffic usage - less than 0.5 MB per minute during a call, thus you can talk freely even in roaming.
- Voice calls with HD sound quality in any network: 2G/GPRS/EDGE, 3G, 4G/LTE or WiFi.
- Thanks to independence of any SIP, IAX and other Internet servers your calls are direct and not affected by any server failure.
- Your photos, videos and other files are safe because this application has no permissions to access them!
Only three permissions are required to install DS Talk on your Android device, and it's quite enough for voice calls! Just take a closer look at the list of permissions you granted to other VoIP applications installed on your smartphone or tablet. Why do they need the device identification data and your phone number, access to your contacts and the ability to send and receive SMS, access to your calls history and to all files in the internal and external storage on your device, your location information and many other? Be careful, it's more likely that your files may be eventually lost or stolen if you will give the redundant set of permissions to applications you install!
Furthermore, with DS Talk your privacy in the electronic 21-century is possible!
◆ direct device to device (IP-to-IP) communication
◆ no intermediate servers which can trace and record your calls
◆ no user accounts (either explicit as in Skype and SIP or implicit as in Viber) anywhere and therefore no risk that your personal information may be stolen or compromised
◆ no call logs and history
◆ your location information is not required