The description of Football Workout
Pro football players are known for both their speed and their endurance to both physical effort and taking one or more hits.
With this intense workout you will gain resistance to effort and improve your overall speed.
If you train hard, you gain big.
What Is The Best Workout For A Football Player Looking for Maximum Strength, Speed, Agility, Endurance, And Explosiveness? Be Specific.
Football players require all around athleticism no matter what position they play. Certain aspects may be more important to one position than another, but still plays a large role in the abilities of a player.
Everyone always say things like linemen are all about size and strength (both defensive and offensive), but when you see a big play by a lineman it's usually because they show what they can do with other talents as opposed to simply using size.
Football is played as an explosive sport; plays often last between 2-and-15 seconds. In most cases all the strength and power is put out in a few shots then you get a chance to rest up and do it again.
For this reason, the best system to use is a 5x5 program allowing the body to exert maximum force in multiple sessions. In addition, I aim toward getting between 20 and 40 seconds of rest between each set. It is important to make sure you work every muscle, when athletes avoid this they often end up seeing injuries and torn muscles.
The following workout is what I used over the past off-season and I also plan to use this year to prepare myself for semi-pro football tryouts. I would not suggest doing this routine during season as it may be too taxing on your body and CNS, which would result in overtraining.
Before beginning, I always suggest doing a proper warm-up consisting of dynamic stretching to get the muscles warmed up and running; and also, always workout with a partner.
The basic set up of this workout is to incorporate 3 days of weight lifting, upper body, lower body and full body/explosiveness, one day of plyometrics and another day for speed and agility work.
Our Subscription will provide you:
- Complete list of workouts
- Ads free, enjoy the app without being bothered by ads
- Length of the subscription: 1 month.
- Price of the subscription after free trial: 1.99$.
- Subscription type: auto-renewable.
– Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
– Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
– Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
– Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
– Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.