The goal of tracking is to improve your daily food habits by learning about what you are eating. To make this learning simple, we created an app tuned for use in India.
- Works OFFLINE, which makes it super fast, and so you can track your food habits on a train, plane, auto rickshaw and even an elephant.
- Uses curated data from the National Institute of Nutrition and USDA.
- Sets scientifically appropriate calorie and fat goals, personalized just for you!
- Easy to use: no advanced smartphone skills required!
- And did we mention it’s FREE?
This app has been released for the public good by Jana Care, a social venture that was spun out of original public health research at Harvard and MIT. Jana Care aims to reverse the diabetes and obesity epidemic in the developing world through the Habits program - a group-based online diabetes prevention program. food:habits is a companion app used by participants in the Habits program.