Feerce's meetup maps improve on previous methods of location-sharing:
1) No messing around. None of your friends need to download an app, sign-up, or sign-in to some social network. It works in everyone's web browsers with one click.
2) Anonymous - we don't know who you are - only your friends know who you are. Location-sharing without Big Brother.
3) Total control over who, when, where, and why you're sharing your location. No need to manage circles, timers, or permissions. Create a new meetup-map whenever you want, for whatever reason, and share with whomever you want by SMS, email, any messaging app, or social network. As soon as you've met up, kill the map, or simply don't open it again to end tracking.
4) Group messaging to let everyone instantly know if someone is running late, needs something done, or to change plans on-the-fly. Avoid wasting time and money SMSing or calling everyone with every change of plan.
* Continued use of GPS in the background can dramatically decrease battery-life. To save battery-life, there is a button to turn off tracking.
* The Feerce "Menu" screen lists all of your meetup maps. Destroy a meetup map at any time by clicking "KILL" on its settings screen.
* You will be tracked by only one meetup map at a time: the one you have currently opened up. If you've opened a Meetup map, push the tracking button to stop Feerce tracking you. Otherwise, Feerce will continue to track you. Special note: Location tracking is automatically paused whenever you are on the menu screen.
* "Where the Feerce are they?" You're supposed to be meeting friends, and they haven't turned up. Feerce will let you find them fast, even if they have never heard of Feerce before!
* The sure way for you and your date to meet at the right place, at the right time
* To meet up with friends, family, and colleagues at a coffee shop, sports venue, festival, park, etc.
"I've been using your Feerce app, and think it's great. Feerce is much more
responsive than Latitude ever was."
- emailed to [email protected]
"I avoid anything that involves a sign-up. I'm glad that Feerce doesn't have my personal details to sell to some third party. Feerce gives me the flexibility to make the meeting spot a moving target -- so my friends end up coming to me whenever I'm running late (which is all the time)!"
- Lion, Greenwich
Finding your friends fast in the urban jungle has never been easier!