Link farmers to household customers via data maps and member zones
Raise customer awareness of local farmers & agri-businesses in their communities
Broadcast pricing, promotions, events and products to existing followers
Gain access to a user base not previously attainable, for free
Create your own Farmly (if you are a business)
Join & Follow fellow Farmly members & Agri-businesses
Broadcast messages & events to your customers & followers!
Share the “Farm.ly” experience!
The FOLLOW icon will provide a listing of current farm.ly that the user is following and those that have approval pending to follow.
The MAP icon will bring you to a map screen with your current location and all the Farmlys registered in a user-defined radius. The user can click on a farm.ly and will be sent to the specific farm.ly page with an overview of the selected farm.ly and a choice to “Follow” to request membership.
If the farm.ly is an open membership approval is immediate and if it’s private the farm.ly head will have approval actions to complete membership.
The user can request membership as long as all mandatory profile steps are complete. If anything is incomplete, the screen will go to the profile page and bring the user back to the farm.ly once the profile is completed.
The MY PROFILE icon contains the user’s main profile information and picture.
The BROADCAST icon enables the user to create/edit their farm.ly. Selecting a farm.ly from the list of created Farmlys would allow the user to view members/followers, make announcements, post products, pricing, promotions, events, create forum posts, and create/view polls.
• Recent technology advances enable opportunities for farmers and customers to collaborate, transact and communicate more effectively using web enabled technology and harnessing the power of social media.
• Accessibility to technology allows for innovation and solutions to existing challenges, e.g. connecting local farmers to customers.
• “Know your farmer, know your food” (KYF2) is a term coined by the USDA to capture the essence of the local food movement.
• In light of health and nutrition concerns customers are demanding for closer relationships and accessibility to local farmers.
• Expanding farm.ly’s social media reach enables otherwise restricted consumers access to their local farmers and agri-businesses.
Triple Bottom line
The farm.ly model promotes awareness, fosters relationships, and makes it easy for the customer to make the “Local Choice”.
Sustaining integrity across social, environmental, and economic principles is the key to enabling change. That is what farm.ly stands by