FARGERFIGHT is a minimalist two-player local multiplayer game on a single device. Maneuver the field and break through your opponent's defense while keeping yours high. It's about slashing, thrusting, charging, lunging, parrying, dodging, pirouettes, elegance, and effectiveness in combat. All in a one single screen and one single touch (well, for each player, of course).
- Refined mechanic with low complexity but immense depth. Everything is performed in one single touch. Like they always say, "easy to learn, difficult to master".
- Minimalist visuals that stimulate your imagination. Medieval knights, Sith vs. Jedi, or sparring Turian Specters? Up to you.
- Great quick fun with whoever sitting next to you.
- "Right Thumb vs. Left Thumb" mode perfect for moody ForeverAlone friday nights.
- Minimalism at its core. No achievement, no campaign, no scoring, no social fuss. Just one mechanic. Does what it does.
- Immersive mode for devices with virtual buttons/navigation bar.
- No IAP, no ads, no permission. Literally free with no string attached.
HOW TO PLAY:
- Each of the player is to use their respective half of the screen to control their entity, no matter where it is (and as such, do not cross onto the other side). The entity will then mimick (and process) the speed and direction of the player's touch movement accordingly.
- The goal of the game is to hit the other player's body with your 'arm'. Both shield and arm will block opponent's arm, but shield will not cause any damage.
- There is also a short grace period of invulnerability for the player after being hit. It's not a bug.
- Back button will quit the game, please be mindful of your hand if device has physical buttons.
NOTE: yes, there is a bug with the right player's rotation. This is a known bug in the physic engine, and not much I can do about that. Do ask your left player does for some courtesy. Meanwhile, I'll see what I can do.
Pretty much everything by Juno Nguyen
SFX generated by Bfxr
Typeface used: SF Square Head
LÖVE Android port by Martin Felis
Very special thanks to Sergej Nisin for making this finally possible.
Made with LÖVE
Trivia: The game's icon depicts two entities in their most intense (professional) physical intimacy.