The description of Fabulous Styrofoam Warm Winter Tutorial
Give these clever little snowmen a big hand -- they're made from mittens! Foam balls and other easy-to-find supplies make for an ultra-cute winter project.
Completion time – 2-4 hours
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
Balls, 2-1/2", four
Basswood sheet, 1/4" x 6" x 24"
Acrylic paints: green, red, white
Opaque white permanent marker, 5mm
Plaid flannel fabric, 6" x 12"Child size mittens, two each: blue, black
Flat buttons, 1/2", four each: red, black
Black beads, 3/16", eightArtificial holly berries, 1/4", four
flake sequins, 22White plastic-coated craft wire, 18-gauge, 12" len
Fine-line black permanent marker
Paintbrushes: medium flat; stiff bristle round
Drill with 3/16" bit
White transfer paperLow-temp glue gun and glue sticks
Thick, white craft glue
1. Use utility knife to cut 15" length from basswood sheet;
save remaining wood for another project. Mark and drill two
holes in top edge of sign, at 4-1/2" and 10-1/2" from one end.
Lightly sand rough edges; wipe away dust. Paint sign green; let dry.
2. Insert skewers into foam balls. Holding skewer and usingflat brush, paint heads white. Place skewers in heavy glass or jar; let dry.
3. Glue bead eyes and berry nose to each snowman as shown. Useblack marker to draw mouths and eyebrows. Use dry, stiff brushand very small amount red paint to paint cheeks.
4. Lightly stuff mittens with fiberfil. Glue heads into cuffs,reversing thumb direction for two snowmen as shown. Glue twoblack buttons to each blue mitten; glue red buttons to black mittens.
5. Cut four 1-1/2" x 12" flannel strips for scarves; tie around snowmen.
6. Use pencil and white transfer paper to transfer letteringpattern to sign as shown. Trace lettering with white marker.Outline letters with black marker.
7. Insert wire ends through holes in sign; twist to secure.Glue snowmen to sign; glue snowflakes to snowmen and sign.
the creativity is endless. so enjoy your own favorite guys!
for further information and detail tutorial, download this application now and you will have what you want.
please enjoy this tutorial and give us any feedback.