Designed for tablets and smartphones!
“Written with the absolute beginner in mind, it's comprehensive enough to appeal to pros too.” (Guitarist magazine)
YOUR FAVORITE INSTRUMENT
Tipbook Electric Guitar and Bass Guitar helps you to make an informed purchase, explaining the effects of different types of wood on the sound of the instrument, neck profiles, cambers, fret shapes and sizes, different types of bridges, pickups, string materials and windings, and more. Gigbags, straps, and picks are discussed as well, and there are dedicated chapters on tuning, maintenance and guitar adjustment - and the unique Tipcodes allow you to hear what you're reading!
CHORD DIAGRAMS AND MORE
As a generous extra, the book offers brief sections on the instrument's family, history, and production, as well as an index, a glossary, a musical introduction to chords, and no less than 35 pages filled with chord diagrams, including barre chords, movable chords, and more. Enjoy!
• .. highly desirable, and highly pocketable items; Packed with plenty of concise, relevant information; Written with the absolute beginner in mind, it's comprehensive enough to appeal to pros too. (Guitarist magazine)
• A great gift, easy to read, convenient to carry, and priced right; Boiled down to the absolute basics…; No more than one needs to know or remember, but enough to provide essential information. These guides really hit the mark for efficiency. (Vintage Guitar Magazine)
• A wealth of information in a very compact form. (Guitar Digest)
• … an incredibly thorough tome that covers everything from the acoustic’s basic anatomy to the proper care and feeding of fingernails. (Frets)
• Each Tipbook is not only an excellent place for a beginner to start, it’s also an outstanding refresher course for musicians and songwriters at any level! (American Songwriter)
• Comprehensive approach; easy-to-follow layout makes these Tipbooks a joy to read. (Music Trades)
eTipbook Electric Guitar and Bass Guitar is the digital edition of the print book of the same name, available in seven languages. US print edition by Hal Leonard.
Locking nut, lock-nut
Locking tuning machines
Staggered tuning machines
Stop tailpiece, stopbar tailpiece
Vibrato, vibrato unit
Whammy, whammy bar