The "Ernst" provides a specialist selection of terms from science (such as mathematics, physics, chemistry) as its base and includes all important branches of industry, their raw materials, developments and products (mining, metallurgy, mechanical engineering, energy technology, electrical engineering, electronics, data and communications technology, construction, traffic systems and the textile, glass, plastics, wood, paper and printing industries, among others).
During the lexicographical editing process, particular attention was paid to describing the terms and their translations as clearly as possible with the use of subject area indicators, alternative designations and short explanatory texts.
The dictionary contains more than 415,000 entries in total.
About the UniLex-App for Android
- Clear and intuitive user interface
- Automatic search for all occurences of your search term. Example: searching for "strength" will also find "structural strengthing" and "strength development".
- Filtering function to summarize search results in a list of results
- Fast scrolling in an index list
- Hyperlinks enable to navigate back and forth between the articles of the dictionary
- Display of a list of search results with a up/down page scroll to further results
- Two-list-display - headword list and search results - in the tablet-app
- You can try out the software for a limited time without purchasing a serial number from Acolada. After this trial interval has expired, the software ceases to function. If you want go on using the software after that, you have to purchase a serial number from Acolada.
- Offline usage: the UniLex app needs to be downloaded only once. No further internet/roaming cost will incur on usage.