The Ernst: Dictionary of Engineering and Technology has established itself over a period of decades, in numerous editions, as the standard practical reference tool for engineers and translators alike.
The "Ernst" provides a specialist selection of terms from the sciences (such as mathematics, physics, chemistry) as its base and includes all important branches of industry, their raw materials, developments and products (mining, metallurgy, mechanical engineering, energy technology, electrical engineering, electronics, data and communications technology, construction, traffic systems and the textile, glass, plastics, wood, paper and printing industries, among others).
About the UniLex-App for Android
- Clear and intuitive user interface
- Automatic search for all occurences of your search term. Example: searching for "blast" will also find "blast area" and "abrasive blasting".
- Filtering function to summarize search results in a list of results
- Fast scrolling in an index list
- Hyperlinks enable to navigate back and forth between the articles of the dictionary
- Display of a list of search results with a up/down page scroll to further results
- Two-list-display - headword list and search results - in the tablet-app
- You can try out the software for a limited time without purchasing a serial number from Acolada. After this trial interval has expired, the software ceases to function. If you want go on using the software after that, you have to purchase a serial number from Acolada.
- Offline usage: the UniLex app needs to be downloaded only once. No further internet/roaming cost will incur on usage.