- Acts as an emergency alerter and sends an SMS message to up to 5 pre-selected contacts when a call to the emergency services is made.
- Settings allow you to require approval before a message is sent.
- Your locale is automatically detected and the correct emergency numbers used.
- Hundreds of countries emergency details are detected.
- Include your location in the SMS message.
-Process outgoing calls
The app needs to be able to detect when an outgoing call is made, so that it can check if you have just dialled the emergency services.
-Read Phone State
A message to your contacts isn't actually sent until you hang up the call to the emergency services. This permission lets the app detect when this happens.
This is a no brainer. We need this permission to send the SMS messages to your contacts!
Occasionally, when approval is required to send an SMS and when the results of sending an SMS message become available, the app create a notification. We also make the phone vibrate so you know that this has happened.
The app needs this permission to show you a list of contacts to choose from.
-Access Fine Location
This means that we can get your location, which can be included in the messages sent to your contacts.
-Receive notification that the phone has finished booting up
The app periodically checks which country you are in so that it can keep a track of which emergency services numbers it should be listening out for. This permission allows the app to detect when the phone turns on so that it can set itself a reminder to check where you are. Currently, this check happens every 24 hours.
-Internet Access & network state
As part of ensuring that the app works as intended, any crashes are captured and sent to me so that I can see what happened and get a fix in place as soon as possible. This permission allows the app to send the crash information online.