Check out the Pro version, with added features!
- The CALL_PHONE permission is not used to make phone calls unbeknownst to you. It's just to allow you to say "CALL" and start a phone call to the message sender.
- DrivingSMS checks for Text-to-speech data presence in your device, and if you haven't installed a voice recognition software (e.g.: Google Voice Search https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.voicesearch ) it will prompt you to do so. Both (TTS especially) are needed for the app to work properly.
- If you have more than a TTS engine on you device, on the first start of the app choose one ad set it as default, then re-enter DrivingSMS.
- IMPORTANT: on Android 4.0 and following, if you don't hear anything check your text-to-speech settings in Settings, Input and language.
- Voice Recognition performance/behavior are indepentent from DrivingSMS.
Currently supported languages: English, Italian
App review by TuttoAndroid.net (Italian) : http://www.tuttoandroid.net/applicazioni/app-of-the-day-drivingsms-118365/