The description of Drivermatics BlackBox Dash Cam
Drivermatics is a powerful smartphone driving application that provides Dash Cam and BlackBox Telematics recording capabilities for your car and vehicle journeys. Drivermatics records each journey and provides you with information on your journey including travel time, distance travelled, average & top speeds, plus a driving score.
Drivermatics uses the GPS, accelerometer and gyroscope sensors in your smartphone to record detailed telematics journey data about how you drive your car or vehicle. Drivermatics provides you with a driving a score for a bit of fun, so that you can see how safe your driving is. We use telematics calculations to create your score based on the acceleration, braking and cornering of your vehicle. This can be a great way to see if you are suited to a telematics based insurance policy.
The Drivermatics Dashboard Camera (DashCam) feature allows you to record forward facing video, which can help prove who was at fault if you are involved in an incident or accident, or if you notice something interesting whilst driving that you want to share via Facebook, YouTube or other social media channels.
Our powerful accident management workflow engine helps guide you through what to do if you are involved in an accident and allows you to capture valuable information whilst at the scene, including video, photographic, audio and text based evidence.
* Hi-resolution foreground and background Dash Cam video recording (1080p, 720p)
* Automatic Journey Start and Journey Stop when paired with an in car (or in vehicle) Bluetooth device
* Business and personal mileage tracker (useful for expense reporting)
* View completed journeys on Google Maps
* Replay video with speed overlay and Google Map view showing the vehicle in motion
* Supports multiple vehicle profiles (if you drive or have access to more than one car or vehicle)
* Allows you to make and receive phone calls or stream music to a connected in car Bluetooth device
* Use your favorite Satellite Navigation app whilst Drivermatics continues to run in the background
* Create multiple vehicle profiles for cars, vans, trucks, 4x4's, etc.
* SOS Emergency Button provides quick phone access to emergency services, breakdown, insurance and accident management companies with advice on what to do if you are involved in an accident or incident
* Store your insurance provider and breakdown provider details (company, policy number, phone number and renewal date) so that they are easily at hand when you need them most
* Allow family members to link to your vehicle profile to access breakdown and insurance details
* Annual vehicle inspection reminder (e.g. UK - MOT, France - Contrôle Technique, Australia - RWC)
* Share journey videos and photos on YouTube, Facebook and Social Media
* Audio and voice prompts to keep you informed
* Access to our web portal for additional reporting and features
* Dash Cam features include:
- Video preview with option to disable the preview while recording which greatly reduces battery usage
- Automatic video deletion of old videos (unless marked as read only via SOS or Snapshot button)
- Change the length of each video file (default: 2 minutes)
- Flexible storage configuration on Internal/External SD Card, space allocated, etc.
- Option to record audio with video footage (phone calls are not recorded)
- Snapshot button takes a picture and marks video as read only
You can view all of your journeys and access reports and additional features at www.drivermatics.com
Warning: Drivermatics can drain your phones battery during prolonged use. We therefore recommend that you connect your phone to a power source in your vehicle and use a windshield mount for DashCam Video Recording.
Note: Drivermatics requires you to register a user account or login using your social media account when you first launch the application.