Users will be prompted to select from 1 to 3 activities that they would like to do and the DoSomething algorithm will generate a list of other users who also wish to participate in the same activities. A user will be able to contact another user only when both users have been matched through reciprocal requests and these requests will not be made known to the recipient users until a match is completed.
DoSomething Is Simple To Use
* Setting up an account: Users will be given options to sign up via Facebook or set up a new account in-app. Users will then indicate their interests, hobbies, age, gender and upload pictures which, if setting up through Facebook can be imported directly from Facebook.
* Select 1 to 3 activities: Users will be able to select 1 to 3 popular activities (such as running, cycling, gym, football (soccer), tennis, shopping, karaoke, coffee, meals, movies, alcohol and going to the beach). Users will also be able to indicate if they are available now to participate in the selected activities.
* Send a request to another user: Users may send requests to other users with click of the “send request” button. These requests will not be made known to the recipient users until a match is completed.
* Arrange to DoSomething together: Users may message other users who have reciprocated with blind requests to arrange for participation in the relevant activities.
* New friendships forged: with the continued use of DoSomething, new and lasting friendships can be forged.