The description of DIYA - Do It Yourself App (Pre-Final)
Welcome to the world of hyperlocal and webrooming in education and edutainment. Are you tired of waiting for deliveries from your favourite online store? Are you looking for material to complete you class project? Do you want to check what you want to buy physically, before buying it? And also earn points that are redeemable all the while…
We are trying to make all this easy for you on DIYA, India’s first hyperlocal and webrooming service for education and edutainment. You can now choose a store based on distance from your address and then go there to buy the product. For all you know stuff that isn’t available online maybe available in a store close to you. You will also be helping the shops in your community or locality increase their business. **
DIYA is a user generated video-based app to create, share educational or edutainment videos; earn reward points & badges; redeem reward points with our redemption partners for your Do-It-Yourself (DIY) projects & activities.
Creating videos of your D-I-Y projects from school was never so fun and easy. You can redeem your points for prizes right from stationery, books, ice creams, merchandise to educational courses. The more you create and share, the more you are recognized and rewarded. Doing your class/subject projects will never be the same again. You can now collaborate, take advice and also present your projects to the community.
Videos are the most common form of expression permeating our educational institutions, transforming the way we teach, learn, study, communicate, and work. Harnessing the power of video to achieve improved outcomes—for example, a better grade in exams/assignments or more effective knowledge transfer—is becoming an essential skill. A key pillar in the drive towards improved digital literacy, video brings considerable benefits to educational institutions: streamlined admissions, increased retention, and improved learning outcomes.
- Video is engaging
- Video is everywhere, and in education too
- Video is effective for all types of learners
- Videos are effective engagement tools
- Video is useful for audiences who are not native speakers and improves learning
- Video provides us with a model to emulate
- Video is a useful form of feedback
- Video allows users to work at their own pace—skip forward if they understand, re-watch if they do not
- Allows users to be anywhere across the world
- Video is becoming significant in online / blended education
- Using video is becoming an important skill for students
DIYA Pre-Final allows users to shoot and share videos that teach users how to work on educational and hobby-based projects. Be it school assignments or a hobby like wood-work or paper-quilling, share your videos and also learn from others.
- Shoot Video
- Upload Video
- Search & Discover
- Discussion Forum
-Earn reward points & badges
We hope to build a community of enthusiastic video creators and learners who inspire each other with their DIY videos.
- Designed to run on devices powered by Android Jelly Bean 4.1 and above.
- Maximum recommended video file size is 200MB.
- Preferred file format is MP4 and duration is 3-5 minutes
- For ease of use, we recommend that you give your video instructions in English.
- Please note that ALL videos will be moderated by a panel before being published.
- Moderation may take from 48 to 72 hours
- Any offensive or inflammatory video will be removed and the user banned.
Users earn reward points by signing up/registering your profile, uploading video, sharing videos on social media, logging onto app periodically, getting likes for your videos, referring a friend.
Badges - basic, bronze, silver, gold, and platinum.
Users can redeem the reward points with DIYA premium redemption partners starting April 2018.
**Merchants and communities will be listed on the ecosystem from Feb 2018.