The association "Youth of Deir El Ahmar Region" was founded on March 26th 2011, under the memo No. 594. It is a non-profit and non-political association; its founders are residents of different villages of the region. One of its missions is the development of a society and evolution of primitive agrarian economy to an agricultural, industrial, commercial and modern economy.
Goals the association aims to: - Encourage voluntary charity. - Improve health needs by reforming the hospital and the implementation of projects to support this sector. - Encourage villagers and especially the youth of Deir El Ahmar region through agricultural projects. - Support the development of the city and the region following the implementation of social development, sports and culture projects. - Spread the growth of human resources by organizing programs, civil and international projects. - Promote and protect the rights of man in order to create a society for all ages and promote cultural development.
Activities of the Association - The association operates in the Region of Deir El Ahmar under the blessing of the Maronite pastor of Baalbek - Deir El Ahmar Archdiocese and in coordination with the municipalities of the region and all active associations.
- The association is working on coordinating development projects and organizing a unified calendar for the region with clear and long term objectives.
- The association encourages religious tourism by highlighting the religious value of the area and documenting religious apparitions and the miraculous cures of the Blessed Virgin Mary and makes it a place of pilgrimage for believers in coordination with authorities.
- The association collaborates with other organizations in the region to raise the awareness of drugs threats and the development of a specific anti-drug program in collaboration with professional associations.
- The association organizes sports with different cities of the region.
- Supports and encourages projects to create jobs in the region.
- Organizes seminars and conferences to promote agriculture and industry.
- The association is doing its best to establish a center for the Lebanese Red Cross in Deir El Ahmar.