The description of Cute Styrofoam Costume Party Treat Bags
Candy-gathering kids will give a giggle or two when treated to such cute characters. Just add a foam ball and favorite embellishments to plain lunch bags.
Completion time – 1-2 hours
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
Wiggle eyes, 3/8", two
Vampire -Black lunch bag
Yellow acrylic paint
Felt scraps: black, red, yellow, white
Metallic purple lamÃ© fabric, 12" square
Black satin ribbon, 1/8" x 1/2 yd.
Princess -Yellow lunch bag
Orange acrylic paint
Felt scraps: orange, purple, rose
Thick, pink yarn
Metallic snowflake sequins, 1/2", five
Pink pom pom, 1/2"Lt. green chenille stem
Witch -Orange lunch bag
Green acrylic paint
Felt: orange, 9" square; red scrap
Orange/black checked fabric, 10" square
Thin, lt. green yarn
Metallic green star sequins or stickers, 10
Tiny green pom pom
Candle stub or paraffin
Medium flat paintbrush
Extra-long straight pins
Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
Thick, white craft glue
(Note: Please read all instructions for character of choice
before beginning project.)
1. Insert skewer into foam ball. Holding skewer, paint ball.Place skewer in heavy glass or jar; let dry.
2. Fold back top corners of lunch bag toward center, creatinga point. Open bag, fill with treats of choice or tissue paper
and then refold top of bag.
3. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Insertknife into bottom of ball at 8 o'clock position, with serrated
edge to right. With knife in ball, move knife to 4 o'clock
position, creating narrow, wedge-shaped opening in head for
lunch bag. Slide point of lunch bag into opening to hold head
in place.3. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin.
Insert knife into bottom of ball at 8 o'clock position, with
serrated edge to right. With knife in ball, move knife to 4
o'clock position, creating narrow, wedge-shaped opening in
head for lunch bag. Slide point of lunch bag into opening to
hold head in place.
4. Follow individual instructions to embellish characters.Hold felt pieces in place with pins until glue dries; remove pins.
1. Paint foam-ball head yellow; let dry. Cut patterns fromfelt as indicated. Cut short, narrow strip from red felt for
mouth. Set felt pieces aside.
2. Use compass to draw 9" circle on wrong side of purplefabric; cut out. To make cape, cut small wedge from one edge
of circle to center for opening. Place cape around
"shoulders," adjusting fullness as needed. With top of cape
forming collar, spot glue cape to bag. Tie black ribbon into
bow around neck.
3. Cut small, vertical slit in each side of head for ears.Apply glue to straight edges of ears and use skewer tip to
push felt into slits.
4. Cut several 6" lengths from yarn for hair. Glue hair acrosstop of head so hair hangs down each side and back of head;
trim as desired. Glue felt hair on top of yarn hair. Glue
sideburns to bottom edge of felt hair, next to face. Glue
features to face.
1. Paint foam-ball head orange; let dry. Cut patterns fromfelt as indicated. Cut short, narrow strip from red felt for
mouth. Cut two small circles from rose felt for cheeks.
Overlap and glue crown ends. Set felt pieces aside.
2. Cut 6" length from chenille stem for wand. Glue onesnowflake sequin to end of wand and to each felt button.
3. Cut several 5" lengths from yarn. Using photo as guide,glue hair to head; trim as desired.
4. Glue buttons to bag and crown. Glue crown to head. Gluehands to body, with one hand holding wand as shown.
for further information and detail tutorial, download this application now and you will have what you want.
please enjoy this tutorial and give us any feedback.