CommandWear is designed to work with a public safety agency’s existing technology (e.g. desktops, laptops, tablets and smart phones) and applications (e.g. dispatch, fleet management). There are three components to the platform.
• The "HUB" is a highly scalable, secure server for tracking and logging all movement and communication.
• The "Commander" app runs on tablets or desktops and provides situational awareness in the field or operations center.
• The "Communicator" app (this app) runs on the smartphone of the First Responder.
The Communicator app provides a local view of the situation for each responder, including:
• An intuitive, simple and secure interface for receiving, acknowledging and sending messages;
• Maps showing your location and those team members around you;
• Roster showing tracked team members and locating them on maps;
• Picture/video capture, annotation, sharing and auto-plot to maps (Command have a real-time visual from the front-lines);
• Pebble and Android Wear support - Use the smartwatch app to have notifications and messaging from your wrist.
The Communicator app works with smartwatches that give first responders tactile feedback of incoming messages improving communications in noisy conditions, during covert operations or when responders are unable to reach their phones.
The Communicator app requires a userid from CommandWear. In order to get a userid, contact CommandWear at [email protected]
Note: Tracking uses your phone's GPS while in the background and can be turned on/off in the app or through a central console. GPS update frequency is configurable and depending on the update frequency this can decrease battery life.