Since the Neolithic Period (8500-4000 BC), winemaking has been regarded as an “intentional human activity” as opposed to a “seasonal happenstance.” In other words, when humans ceased their barbaric and nomadic ways and became civilized, wine making – and, in essence, enjoying the fruits of that labor – became not only a vocation, but an art. Since that time, there have been people who have become experts in the field, devoting their lives to informing others about the intricacies of the grape.
If winemaking is not a mere happenstance, purchasing wine should not be, either. Yet, many consumers seem intimidated by wines and the process by which they are created. As a result, they go to a “warehouse liquor store” and end up buying something an uninformed clerk recommends – or whatever happens to be on sale.
In this app, you'll find:
- One-touch calling, GPS directions, and built-in sharing features
- A loyalty program specific to the app
- Coupons and discounts
- An event calendar, with beer and wine dinners and lots more
- A Fan Wall, where you can list your favorite bottles of wine, stories about service you received and more
- A photo gallery with images of the store and products
- Newsletter sign-up, to get updates on the latest happenings at Coaltrain
- Links to social media pages like Facebook and Twitter
To that end, we at Coaltrain Wine and Liquor have made it a prerequisite to share our vast knowledge of wine, beer and spirits with the general consumer. We have six experienced staff members to help you select the perfect wine to accommodate every taste and price range. In fact, we hand-pick every bottle of wine on the shelves, basing our selections on how interesting the wine is, how well-made it is and its value for the dollar.