The 2nd edition of the standards originally published in Part I of the Canadian Biosafety Standards and Guidelines (CBSG), 1st Edition, 2013, have been published as the Canadian Biosafety Standard (CBS), 2nd Edition, 2015. The CBS, developed by the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) and the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA), is used to verify the ongoing compliance of regulated facilities with a licence for controlled activities with human pathogens and toxins or importing or transferring terrestrial animal pathogens.
The free CBS Biosafety App v2.0 lets you see the CBS in a different way: You can find the containment requirements specific to your facility!
• NEW!: Updated to incorporate all requirements from the CBS 2nd Ed.
• NEW!: Includes full-text view of the CBS.
• Sort requirements to your specific laboratory, prion work area, large scale facility, or small or large animal containment zone.
• Sort all biosecurity-related requirements.
• Save lists for different locations (e.g., laboratory, wing, or entire facility).
• Add comments to the requirements displayed.
• Check box for verified requirements.
• Share lists by email.
Additional guidance will be incorporated into future updates of the application. Please contact us if you encounter any technical problems, have a suggestion, or just want to tell us that you find the application useful.
For more information, please visit: http://canadianbiosafetystandards.collaboration.gc.ca
Technical problems? Feedback?
Please contact us at [email protected] if you encounter any technical problems, have a suggestion, or just want to tell us that you find the application useful.
Aussi disponible en français.