Simplest example is blocking your caller ID before particular calls. In that case, just open the app and select the proxy to block caller ID. Now all calls you start from within CallingProxy Pro will suppress your Caller ID
How does it work? Normally you would dial (for GSM networks) the code: #31# before the call.
With CallingProxy Pro, you can save this code as proxy with number #31#N and whenever you make a call from the app using this proxy, the code will be automagically dialed for you.
You can create your own proxies or download and activate any of the pre-made proxies from within the app and get going.
Brand new features in this new version include:
- Dial short codes anywhere in your call: start, middle or finish
- Download new proxies from a central proxy database
- Share your own proxies with others
- Recent proxy calls do not show in your normal phone call log
- New and revamped user interface using Holo theme
“Love the app......I use your app this way: when I need to remote to my phone system from my cell phone, I dial out a specific phone number and it will show my office number and not my cell”. -- CallingProxy user
========== EXPLANATION OF APP PERMISSIONS ==========
Here is the explanation for the different permissions required by the app:
- CALL_PHONE: Allows the app to make calls using your proxies
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Detect when call starts and ends in order to clean call log or start the call with a proxy.
- INTERNET: This is used to allow you to download proxies created by others. You can also share your own proxies with others. NO personal identifying information is sent from your device. Just the proxies.
- READ/WRITE_CONTACTS: Allows you to dial numbers from your contacts list
- READ/WRITE CALL_LOG: Keeps the phone call log clean by removing proxy calls from it. You can view your proxy call log from within the app itself.