● When you receive a message, Call and SMS Car Listen Free will read out the message content and sender name.
● When you receive a call, Call and SMS Car Listen Free will also read out the caller name.
● The a2dp and non a2dp bluetooth headset is supported in this application but may not work with all Android versions and all phones. It can also happen that it works in "Test settings" but not when you get a real call. This indicates that phone provider blocked this feature.
This system is very convenient not only when driving, but also when you are walking or your hands are not free to take the message or call. This contributes to higher safety on the road when messages or calls are coming in.
When you hear the message or call, you can immediately stop it speaking loud by turning the phone around if you are for ex. in a meeting, do not want to be disturbed or you cannot listen to it.
Text before and text after Caller/Sender and/or message can be manually set.
Nine languages are supported by default: American English, British English, Canadian English, Canadian French, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Spanish (Latin America). If you use Samsung phone, Chinese and Korean are supported by default as well.
The system also supports the following functions:
● Turn phone around to stop (stop speaking loud by turning the phone around)
● Launch at boot (turns on, when phone is restarted)
● Enable/Disable notifications in status bar
● Audio reading delay (starts reading out with 2 - 20 seconds' delay)
● Speech rate (reading rate: slower, slow, normal speed, fast, faster)
● Ignore Silent/Vibrate (message/call can be read although the phone is set to
● Repetitions (number of repetitions when the phone is ringing)
● a2dp and non a2dp bluetooth headset support (may not work with some Android versions and some phones)
● 13 professional voices from IVONA
● 50 eSpeak voices from eSpeak
● Launch on bluetooth (turns on, when phone is connected with bluetooth device)
● Widgets for On/Off services
We want to translate this app into different languages, if you can help, please contact us.
"Name or message not announced when I receive a text" - This is most likely due to another app installed on your device. Please follow the instructions below.
SETUP INFO FOR GOSMS, HANDCENT, VLINGO USERS:
● GO SMS >> Settings >> Advanced Tab >> Other Settings >> uncheck "Disable other message notification"
● HANDCENT >> Settings >> Application Settings >> Default Messaging Application >> choose "Disable" and then turn on "Lower priority"
● VLINGO, Within phone settings, change voice recognizer from Vlingo to Google Voice.