The CalJoin App is a fastest way to join a teleconference meeting by reading your meeting events within your existing Calendar.
How it works:-
It reads the available meeting events from your phone's calendar. It then parses for all numbers for that meeting event selected.
Finally it gives you a useful screen with options, from where you can directly join a teleconference using your phone's default dialer app.
It's a free app, with no locked features.
Other App Dependencies:-
It depends on 2 other core apps from your phone
- Works on any OS which is ICS or greater.
Full Detailed Description:-
1) On the one time App Configuration Page
* Specify which Calendar[i.e. My Office Calendar]
* Range[Ex:- Current Time is 9:00 AM. So Pull All Calendar Events which started from 7 AM to 11 AM by specifying a range of 2 hrs.]
* Name - Name of this configuration. If nothing specified, it takes the Calendar Name itself.
This launches by default for the 1st time.
2) Once configured click on the configuration name or make it to a default one if you want to directly goto the meeting events the next time you launch the app.
- On the Meeting Selection Page, pick up the meeting from the list you are interested.
3) Based on the meeting selected, the app parses the Location/Body details of the event and provides useful info about the dialing details.
Ex:- If the particular meeting invite has a bunch of dialing instructions scrambled within the body as below -
"Hello All, Pls join my meeting invite for a quick status meeting . Conference Dial # - 12345678, Conf Room # - 8760,
pls have this confidentially, Conf passcode # - 1234"
It simply gets parsed like below:-
Dial # 123456789
Room # 8760
passcode # 1234
4) Now select or touch the above required details in order and automatically a wait character(;) is introduced in between.
This will ensure that the dialer waits for your acknowledgement for further action and that you have a complete control of the call.
Press dial button to directly join the teleconference. If you are using 3rd party dialer and have problems with it, use the copy to clipboard option
and paste it to your own custom dialer for further action.
To Jaya/Srini for using/testing the app under alpha version.
If you have problems installing/using the app, have found a bug or just want to make a feature suggestion, drop me an e-mail or ask a question on http://talktovijay.tumblr.com/ask . Your feedback is valuable and will appreciate for providing it.
You could also find more info, recent activities on my blog - http://talktovijay.tumblr.com/