GIS 2go is the extended arm of your Esri ArcGIS for Desktop: You can now use your spatial and object data including linked media and office documents on your tablet while on the go – even offline, i.e. without any data connection.
GIS 2go consists of an app and an add-in for ArcGIS Desktop which allows you to export maps for mobile use and to reimport data collected on the go.
To prepare your maps for using the app, simply visit our website at www.gis2go.net to download the add-in for ArcGIS Desktop.. Here you can also create your account for saving offline maps to the cloud.
The mobile map:
With the app you can use several maps on your tablet while on the go. Based on the export settings, individual map layers are available offline. You can
- zoom and move the map section using touch gestures,
- move to the current location via GPS,
- use a digital compass,
- display distance and bearing to a specific destination,
- show and hide map layers,
- display map object data and
- display object-related documents and media data.
The graphic notebook
Add graphic notes directly to the map while on the go. You can create text notes, points, lines and areas. Complement your notes with photos and audio/video recordings. When you are back in the office, you can export the notes and media created on the go and update your desktop map accordingly.
More information can be found at
- www.gis2go.net (ArcGIS users)