The salient features of the app are:
1. The app can work in online and offline modes. The default mode is online mode. In online mode app downloads the butterfly information only for the selected butterfly. The app can be configured to operate in offline mode by mere click of a button. Once in offline mode, the app DOES NOT require any network connection to display required information and thus the app can used in any place which lacks network connectivity without any hassles.
2. The app also has another mode of operation named the 'backup' mode. The app automatically switches to this mode, if it finds no network connectivity and if the app is also not configured for offline mode. The backup mode is restrictive in terms of displaying complete information. The user can just see one image of 'fully grown butterfly' and cannot magnify the image. No other life-cycle images are displayed in this mode, although the user can still access the textual information.
3. The app enables the users to search a butterfly on basis of its common name, scientific name, color group or by family. The search functionality is user friendly and intuitive.
4. The images can be magnified (pinch zoomed) to get better view.
5. The app has been tested on devices of various screen sizes and resolutions.
6. The butterfly information is segregated in its life-cycle phases on a tabbed screen -- Each tab detailing a phase..
Operating System: Android
Minimum SDK Version: 13
Target SDK Version: 19