The description of BUILDtheworld
BUILDtheworld is an online Social impact platform that brings colleges, corporates, Non-Profits, impact innovators, and Individuals under one umbrella for building the world. The idea is to gamify volunteering/donation process in order to convert the compassion in people to action; and to interconnect different stakeholders of impact so that they can use the existing resources optimally.
THE PROBLEMS WE ARE SOLVING
1. Seamless and transparent co-ordination between community, citizens, Non-Profits, and Government
2. Motivate people to volunteer and create social impact
3. Marketplace and distribution channel for impact innovations that need to be taken to the masses
4. An effective mechanism to learn from the similar efforts done elsewhere.
5. Scaling and replication of the humanitarian efforts and social impact startups
1. A PLATFORM THAT ENABLES MEANINGFUL COLLABORATION among like-minded citizens, Universities, Corporates, Non-Profits, Impact Startups, and Government bodies from diverse backgrounds and geographic regions to debate, share information, and implement social projects to move towards SDGs in an organized manner.
2. A PLATFORM TO MOTIVATE AND MAXIMIZE THE HUMAN POTENTIAL by rewarding people and entities with impact points (Karma Points) and creating impact profile (Karma Profile) that would showcase live updates of the impact they are making with their donations/volunteering. This will bring a sense of trust, fulfillment, pride, and motivation. Karma points could possibly be exchanged for various opportunities (gamification of social impact).
3. A PLATFORM TO CONCEIVE AND MANAGE HUMANITARIAN PROJECTS - It helps citizens to conceive and execute thousands of innovative social impact project by:- enabling crowd-sourcing of like-minded volunteers to form a team for execution of these projects, raise and manage funds through crowd-funding, monitor and implement projects, do social impact analysis.
4. AN IMPACT INNOVATION MARKETPLACE AND DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL, promoting innovations that can be taken to communities through voluntary initiatives. Thus easing the discovery of social innovations and enabling their widespread distribution. This would prevent reinvention of existing innovations, making impact startups more sustainable by helping them scale and enabling them to transform millions of lives.
5. A PLATFORM TO LEARN, REPLICATE AND SCALE from the best practices of the similar projects undertaken elsewhere and from existing impact startups from across the globe and replicate/franchise them in the local environment.