"btDUN" is FREE.
This Application allow you to have dial up networking via bluetooth
This is extremly usefull if you cannot connect to internet on your Android Device, but have other cell phone that have Internet access.
Warning: This application is not so easy to use, you need to have knowledge of using Dial Up Networking!
What you need !
1. Android device with Blluetooth
2. Cell phone (target phone) with Internet Access and Bluetooth
How to use it?
- Please be sure that target phone can connect to internet, and bluetooth enabled
- Start "btDUN" on your Android device and click "Connect" button
- It will get list of all "paired" devices
- Select your "target phone" if present in list, or scan for it - (press "Scan for devices")
- If "target phone" is configured properly - it will connect to Android device and You will see your IP number, if you have troubles connecting to "target phone" - may use "bt Terminal" from Stribog Konsult Ltd
Troubleshooting with "bt Terminal"
1. Start "bt Terminal" on your Android device
2. Choose "target phone" from list or scan for it - if not present
3. Tap on "target phone" in list - to conect
4. When connected to "target phone"
- Type (AT+COPS?) - to get operator
- Type (AT+CGDCONT=) - setup accesspoint
- ...a lot of other usefull commands
On CyanogenMod You can find info about target phone in /etc/apns-conf.xml.
This is experimental release! Some services - as Internet calls may not working properly using such networking. Application not support username/password login to GSM network on this time
"btDUN" was tested with CyanogenMod (CM7) and rooted Acer Iconia Tab A500 Android 4.0.3 and some Nokia phones as targets
"btDUN" use parts of BluetoothChat (com.example.android.BluetoothChat) code
"btDUN" release contain "chat" and "rfcomm" executables. They are build as desctibed in cyanogenmod forum (ARMv6 instruction set). If these executables exists on your device, application will use existing.
You can download source code here: https://code.google.com/p/bluetooth-dun/