* Make a list of your books: add them manually or simply scan their ISBN (Pic2Shop required).
* Automatically get book details (including thumbnails) from Amazon, Google Books and Open Library.
* Bulk add books: scan or enter a list of ISBNs and start a background search.
* Edit your books: thumbnail, authors, categories, series, language, page count, etc.
* Have a quick overview of your library directly from the home screen.
* Browse your books by author, category, series, language.
* Search your library using the simple full-text search feature.
* Keep track of the books to read.
* Mark your favourite books.
* Don't lose your books anymore by indicating their location.
* Manage your loans: to whom and when?
* Export your library as a Spreadsheet compatible text file.
Black Books requires the following permissions:
* Camera: this feature allows you to take pictures of your book covers and import them directly into the app.
* Internet: this is necessary in order to retrieve the book details.
* Read contacts: when loaning a book, you can pick one of your contacts as the loanee. Only the name of the contact is stored in the app as long as the book is marked as loaned. The app does not send the contacts to any other party.
* Read logs: if an unexpected error occurs, the app offers the possibility to send us the log file, which will help us figure out what went wrong.
* Write external storage: the app needs to write the external storage when:
* Exporting the library as a Spreadsheet compatible text file.
* Saving a backup of the app database.
Black Books is an open source project! Its source code is available at https://github.com/h5rcode/BlackBooks.