The mountains of Central Asia are known internationally as a major biodiversity hotspot, and perhaps no other country in the region symbolises this more than Kyrgyzstan. This application has been designed to introduce you to the world of birds, and simultaneously encourages you to submit new information through citizen science. Every observation you make will provide local scientists in Kyrgyzstan and abroad with more data to help them make informed decisions about conservation measures.
▪ Photographs of more than 100 bird species. This number continues to climb as users submit new information!
▪ Natural history of each species is included and gives you information about when and where you might find them, as well as a better understanding of their life cycle.
▪ The “My Collections” feature allows you to build a virtual image library of the birds you have observed.
▪ Maps provide precise location data for each bird species. They can be filtered by species and date.
▪ Finally, regular app updates will add user submitted content including new images, observation locations, and even newly observed species!