1. Go to www.koalacount.org.au to get involved and sign up for our first Citizen Science project, The Great Koala Count 2013, running from the 7th to the 17th of November.
2. Download and activate BioTag to take part in the Koala Count (you need to register at www.koalacount.org.au before you can activate BioTag).
3. BioTag interacts with your camera and GPS, allowing you to take a photo and record the Koalas you see.
4. BioTag is GPS enabled so you don’t need to have phone reception to record a sighting.
5. All the information recorded will be stored in our database.
6. You can review your records and, after the Count, records from all over New South Wales on the Koala Count website.
For more information on the Koala Count, please visit www.koalacount.org.au.