The description of Best DIY Peppermint Body Butter
This amazing moisturizing peppermint body butter works so well all you have to do is put some on at night and you’re golden. And every ingredient is healthy, natural, and good for your skin.
- Cocoa butter: high in antioxidants, great emollient (prevents loss of moisture), high concentrations of nutrients our skin needs
- Coconut oil: moisturizes skin more efficiently than water or petroleum based lotions, naturally antibacterial
- Almond oil: deep moisturizer, soothes irritation
- Beeswax: locks in moisture, protects skin against damaging elements, antioxidant, anti-bacterial, and anti-inflammatory
- Peppermint essential oil: for scent
- Beetroot powder (optional): naturally gives the lotion its pink color in the stripe
- A double boiler, real or makeshift (I just use a small pot placed over a saucepan)
- Two small mixing bowls (I love my mix and measure bowls)
- A hand mixer, or a whisk and a persistent arm
- Melt your cocoa butter, almond oil, coconut oil, and beeswax over medium heat in a double boiler, or a pot placed on top of a saucepan with a few inches of water
- Once melted, pour half the mixture into a mixing bowl, and place in the fridge. If you don’t want to add color to your lotion, skip steps 3-4.
- Add the beetroot powder to the remaining oil mixture on the double boiler. Let simmer, mixing occasionally, for about 5 minutes. You can leave it on longer for a stronger color.
- Once the mixture starts to turn pink, turn off the heat. The beetroot powder will settle on the bottom of your pot. Carefully pour into a mixing bowl, stopping before you pour in the beetroot powder leftovers. Dispose of the extra mixture from the pot.
- Place both mixing bowls in the fridge for 15-30 minutes
- Once the mixtures have hardened but are not completely solid, remove from the fridge and whip with a hand mixer, adding 5-10 drops of peppermint oil per mixing bowl as you mix.
- Add the lotions to two separate ziplock bags, one for white and one for pink. Snip the corners.
- Use the ziplock bags to place the lotion in an airtight jar. Alternate white and pink for a striped effect.
- Store in a cool, dry, place, and use on your dry skin!
Want to know more ?
Download this application now and get what you want here. worth to try and you will like it.
simply share through any social media platforms. thank you for downloading. please enjoy and give us any feedback.