There was a time when people used to live in larger houses where there were extra rooms to store items that were no longer in use. Today, however, we live in smaller apartments where there is just enough space to keep the most important items you need. So how do you address the issue of storage is such places, especially in the bedroom?
Bedroom storage is indeed a challenge in these modern houses and apartments. However, most engineers and interior decorators understand this truth now and try to find solutions that let you store your items and at the same time keep the room clean and spacious. Here are a few solutions that you'll find in the contemporary homes for storing items in bedrooms without making it look congested:
• Think twice before getting shelves and drawers for the room. If you can build the shelves into the walls instead of getting free-standing shelves and tables, that would be the best idea to save space. Similarly, if you can have gaps with stands on the walls you could store items like books, photo frames etc. there, instead of having another drawer for these items.
• Find storage spaces within the furniture that you cannot do without in a bedroom such as the bed. Most manufacturers now offer beds that come with storage space beneath the mattress. This helps you in keeping a lot of items such as bed sheets, blankets, pillow covers inside these spaces and thus increase the space within the wardrobe shelves to keep your clothes.
• Have a proper look at your dresses and check how many needs to be hung and how many could be folded. This will help you in designing your shelf in such a way that there is adequate space for all the clothes and even more for future. You could categorise the shelf so that each type of clothing has its own area. This way your shelf would look better and you could find out how much more space is left in the shelf.
• Keep all items where they belong. For example, you could keep your toiletries such as your beauty care products, skin care products, deodorants etc. in a shelf in the bathroom. Items that everybody in the house would need such as medicines and books in the living or dining room. This way you could save more space in the bedroom to make it more spacious.
• Use the space close to the ceiling. By building aisles close to the ceiling you could keep the items that are not always required here. This way, the floors and the walls would be free of junk items and away from dust and dirt.
It is common knowledge that rooms that have lesser items would look bigger and more spacious. Hence, the more storage space you find in bedrooms, the bigger it would look and cleaner. By keeping your bedrooms clean and tidy by finding more bedroom storage space, you could wake up in a brightly lit room that is not only refreshing but also energising.
Living Storage gives you a perfect bedroom storage solution by offering storage beds, beds with drawers etc. We can offer you advice on anything related to our storage beds or range of mattresses - we have been in this business for over 30 years and we know a bit!