What are the key features?
• It is a collaborative app which efficiency increases with the number of people who use it ;
• This app is free ;
• Once the app is launched, it works autonomously ;
• Data received are not sent to third-parties ;
• Results are displayed on the interactive map for 2G/Edge, 3G, or 4G network types.
• The impact of the app on your smartphone battery can be reduced with the "battery saving" mode in your settings.
How it works?
The app automatically records the strength of the mobile signal detected by your smartphone for the network type you use: 2G/Edge, 3G , 3G+ or 4G.
Data are sent and used to update the map showing the coverage level of the providers for the different areas in Belgium.
Specifically, an average is calculated by provider for each area and the result is graphically and numerically represented on the map.
For each detected network type, the application also displays the number of connections on basis of which the average is determined.
This app is participatory: the quality of the service depends on the number and geographic distribution of the users.