Use free until September 1, 2016.
Four bilingual dictionaries available for in-app purchase
Full wordlist and 100 sample translations of each dictionary to preview before buying.
The app allows you to easily and quickly navigate through and try out any English dictionaries for French, German, Italian and Spanish languages, as well as experience the most advanced search, learning and translation features.
Now you can make sure that a dictionary complies with your language level and contains all the words you need before purchase. Full-fledged versions are available for buying with the in-app dictionary catalog.
Convenient and advanced search methods allow you to find any word in a number of different ways:
• Headword search
• Full text search
• Search for anagrams (bat-tab)
• Search within entries to narrow down and quickly navigate larger entries
• Wildcard search to find the word even if you don’t know its exact spelling
• Similar words search in case of misspelling
TRY SMART TRANSLATION ENGINE!
• Use HANDWRITING to look up words: write the search term comfortably in the search box with your finger or with a digital stick. Your search term is adopted directly as a suggestion in the search box.
• Look up words with SPEECH RECOGNITION: just say your search enquiry out loud into the device and the word being sought will appear right away as a suggestion in the search box (only for smartphones with Google Voice)
• Words that you copy into another application, for example the Internet (sharing, sending via, etc.), are adopted directly in the app’s search box and the suitable dictionary entry is shown.
• Don’t worry if you’re not sure how to spell a word – the similar words or wild card search function will find what you are looking for. The anagram search is an additional function that enables you to search for words with the same letters but in a different order.
• Search for English, Spanish, French and German keywords in any form you like (declined or conjugated).
• Full text search feature allows you to look up words more efficiently, including headwords and usage examples.
• Searching within entries is possible and enables long entries to be searched quickly.
LEARN LANGUAGES WITH BARRON’S DICTIONARIES!
• Pronunciation: Listen to numerous keywords spoken by native speakers.
• Full linguistic information – with declension and conjugation tables – is included, making dictionary a must-have for any language scholar (for English, French and Spanish words).
ENJOY THE MOST COMFORTABLE WORK
• Built-in dictionary catalog for convenient in-app purchases.
• Dictionary installation on SD card (Available for OS 2.2 and higher).
• Use the history function to call up your last 100 word searches again – at a click.
• Hyperlinks between articles and directions.
• Individual settings. Use the range of options like defining the text size.
• This application provides 100% offline functionality. You do not incur any roaming charges.
With more than 2,000 titles in print, Barron’s Educational Series, Inc. is world-renowned as a publisher of study guides and educational resources for students of all ages. Barron’s Foreign Language Guides cover a multitude of languages from American Sign Language to Turkish, and provide language learners with a wide range of tools, including books, audio products, and online resources. Whether you’re learning a language at home, in the classroom, or looking for help when travelling abroad, Barron’s provides the solutions to all your language needs.
Founded in 1941, Barron’s Educational Series, Inc. is a privately owned corporation located in Hauppauge, New York.