Then the Bilingual French-English Dictionary from Barron’s is the perfect tool for you!
Who can benefit the most from this app?
Everyone who speaks either French or English as their second language, whether on a daily basis or occasionally, or as part of their job, or who translates texts into French or English.
About the contents:
• Bi-directional: French => English and English => French
• Comprehensive, up-to-date vocabulary containing approximately 100,000 key words and phrases, and more than 150,000 translations
• Includes exemplary phrases that show headwords in standard contexts
• Provides information on language use and lots of other important information on grammar
• Covers French as spoken in French-speaking Canada and France
• Features info boxes describing culture, country, and people
• Pronunciation guide uses IPA (International Phonetic Alphabet) phonetics
Convenient search methods allow you to find any word in a number of different ways:
• General search
• Full Text Search
• Search for anagrams (bat-tab)
• Search within entries to narrow down and quickly navigate larger entries
• Wildcard search to find the word even if you don’t know its exact spelling
• Similar words search in case of misspelling
• Full text search feature allows you to look up words more efficiently throughout the whole dictionary content, including headwords and usage examples
• Three input methods: Search by voice with Google Voice recognition service (Available for OS 2.2 and higher); take a picture of text and translate it with Google Goggles; or enter the word with your own handwriting using PenReader software
• Once the App has been opened, you can copy any word from another application (e.g., your browser, e-mail, clipboard) and look it up, as well as use the Share button for this
• Search for English and French headwords in any form you like (declined or conjugated)
• The dictionary provides translations in a Quick Search Box alongside other search results
• English and French audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers.
• Use the free "Flash Card Quiz" app as a quick and effective way to learn the words! Add words that you want to learn to your “Vocabulary list.”
• Full linguistic information with declension and conjugation tables (for English and French)!
• Word of the day widget.
• Improved interface design with easy-to-access navigation and search field makes using this dictionary simple.
• Lightning-fast new engine allows dictionary entries to open as soon as you click.
• Favorites -- to quickly access frequently searched words.
• Search History feature shows the last 100 words looked up.
• Hyperlinks between articles and directions.
• Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort.
• Dictionary installation on SD card.
• No Internet connection required.
With more than 2,000 titles in print, Barron’s Educational Series, Inc. is world renowned as a publisher of study guides and educational resources for students of all ages. Barron’s Foreign Language Guides cover a multitude of languages from American Sign Language to Turkish, and provide language learners with a wide range of tools, including books, audio products, and online resources. Whether you’re learning a language at home, in the classroom, or looking for help when traveling abroad, Barron’s provides the solutions to all your language needs. Founded in 1941, Barron’s Educational Series, Inc. is a privately owned corporation located in Hauppauge, New York.